Nina for Teachers
As part of Carolina K-12’s free virtual program tonight on the extraordinary Nina Simone (click here to join us!), attending PreK and K-12 teachers in North Carolina can request a free copy of the children’s book “Nina: A Story of Nina Simone” post-participation. The North Caroliniana Society has funded 60 copies to be given away, but we have over 200 registering teachers! Can you help Carolina K-12 get additional copies of this beautiful book about North Carolina-born Nina Simone into the hands of teachers and students in every county of our state? A gift of just $20 will cover the cost of a book + mailing to North Carolina teachers who participate in tonight’s virtual session.
To give a book (or two or three or more!) to a North Carolina teacher:
- Go to https://go.unc.edu/GiveNina
- Select the amount you would like to donate towards books for teachers ($10, $20, $50…ANY AMOUNT HELPS!)
- Select “Carolina K-12 Fund for Carolina Public Humanities (104558)” under FUNDS (it is 4th in the dropdown list)
- Fill out your information
- Under “What’s Your Inspiration to Give?” write “Nina for Teachers”
- Make your gift and know that you are making a pre-K or K-12 teacher in North Carolina VERY HAPPY!
Teachers around the nation and across North Carolina are experiencing some of the most difficult times of their career. Help us say thank you to them with a copy of “Nina: A Story of Nina Simone” to use in their classrooms. (A lesson plan will also be provided.) Every dollar received will go towards books and/or their mailing directly to a NC classroom.