Make Reels, Earn $$$$: Join the Democracygram Challenge on October 6!
Do you have a passion for social media?
Do you want to earn money by posting on Instagram?
Apply to take part in Carolina Public Humanities’ first-ever Democracygram challenge!
What it is:
This bi-yearly, non-partisan competition trains teams of undergraduate students to develop social media content related to issues of real importance, such free speech, voting, and misinformation. Teams attend a one-day training on the competition’s theme, then have three weeks to design engaging content, shoot it, and track its spread. The program’s goal is to encourage young people to become civically and politically engaged; teams will create content that will help their peers understand that their voice matters and their actions can influence policy and create a more humane world.
If you’re selected to participate, you’ll get paid, but if you win, you’ll get more money!
How it works:
- Apply: To participate by Thursday, September 28
- Prep: Complete 1-3 hours of pre-work between September 29-October 6
- Train: Teams attend a one-day training on October
- Create and Track: Teams create social media content around the theme “Voice” from October 6-October 27
- Assess: The Zietlow Initiative team will review the content for its spread, engagement with the theme, and creativity. We’ll use the hashtag #democracygram2023 to track our posts
- Win more $$$!: Winners will be announced at a viewing and launch party later in the semester
Application due date: September 28 at midnight.
If you have any questions about the Democracygram Challenge or to request accommodations to complete this application, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Kylie Seltzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply: Click Here! [Note: 1 application per team, please!]