To register, you must have an account. To create one or to sign into existing account, click here.
If you have any trouble or would like to register by phone, call us at 919.962.1544.
We accept cash, check, Visa, Master Card, or Diner’s Club.
Registration Discounts for General Public
(Please note that all discounts only apply to *in-person* events. Only ONE of the first two discounts listed may be taken per semester.)
- 3-at-1 time Weekend Seminar Discount: Register for three or more weekend seminars (Distinguished Scholar, Adventures in Ideas and/or Dialogues) at one time and receive a $10 discount off each event purchased. For example, you and two friends want to attend the same seminar. If you purchase all three tickets at one time, you’ll receive a $10 discount off each ticket. (Please note: Please note, however, that if you cancel one or more of these three seminars, the tuition for the remaining seminar or seminars IF FEWER THAN THREE, will revert to the regular price. Your refund will reflect the adjusted price.)
- First Time Discount: Participants attending their first in-person Weekend Seminar are entitled to a $30 discount on the tuition cost for that seminar. (This discount cannot be combined with the teacher discounts.) This discount is only available by calling 919.962.1544.
- Carolina Alumni Discount: Membership in Carolina Alumni is open to all friends of the University as well as former students. Current members of Carolina Alumni are eligible to receive a $15 discount off a Weekend Seminar, once per semester. Carolina Alumni members also receive a special discount on each individual Humanities in Action events if they pre-register. Click here to become a Carolina Alumni member.
- Flyleaf Season Pass: Register for all of Humanities in Action events and receive a special discounted price. If you’re a Carolina Alumni Member, you’ll receive an even bigger discount!
Registration Discounts for Teachers
- Currently employed full-time teachers, librarians, and administrators in K-12 public and private schools and community colleges can receive free tuition at one Weekend Seminar per semester. All additional weekend seminars are 50% off. Any optional meals are full price. Please see our page for teachers for more information.
- Unfortunately, funding restrictions do not allow us to offer discounts/stipends to substitute or retired teachers.
- Stipends and discounts are provided courtesy of the Daisy Edmister Teacher Support Fund.
UNC Students, Staff, & Faculty Registration Policy
- All currently enrolled UNC-CH students, faculty, and staff are welcome to attend the Humanities in Action series at Flyleaf Books free of charge, space permitting. There’s no need to register ahead of time; just present your valid One Card at the door for admission. Please note that paying participants receive priority registration.
- UNC-CH faculty and staff are eligible for a 50% discount on the tuition for our weekend seminars. Advance registration is required, and optional meals are full price. Online registration is not available for UNC-CH faculty and staff. To register, call us at 919-962-1544. Please note that we are unable to provide discounts for retired faculty and staff.
- UNC-CH graduate and undergraduate students are invited to attend our weekend seminars free of charge, space permitting, but advance registration is required. Students may request to register beginning the Monday before the seminar by calling our main phone number, 919-962-1544, or by emailing our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in your email request:
- Full legal name and any preferred nickname for name badge
- Student status: undergraduate or graduate
- Local mailing address
- Any optional meals are full price. For Distinguished Scholar and Adventures in Ideas Seminars, please contact us by 4pm the Thursday before the seminar.
- For all other students, please contact Max Owre at email@example.com for special student initiative pricing.
- If an event is cancelled, the full tuition amount will be refunded.
- Participants who need to cancel will receive a refund for tuition (minus a $30 administrative fee for each registration) for cancellations made at least one business day before a seminar. Refunds for optional meals will be made in full for cancellations made by noon, two business days prior to a seminar.
- If you have any questions, please email our registrar, Brian Entzminger, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our main line, (919) 962-1544.