To register, you must have an account. To create one or to sign into existing account, click here.
Our new registration system is now live! If you have any trouble or would like to register by phone, call us at 919.962.1544.
We accept cash, check, Visa, Master Card, or Diner’s Club.
Registration Discounts for General Public
(Please note that all discounts only apply to *in-person* events. Virtual events are ineligible for the following discounts)
- 3-at-1 time Weekend Seminar Discount: Register for three or more weekend seminars (Adventures in Ideas and/or Dialogues) at one time and receive a $10 discount off each event purchased. For example, you and two friends want to attend the same seminar. If you purchase all three tickets at one time, you’ll receive a $10 discount off each ticket. (Please note: This discount is applied on a per transaction basis. You are not eligible for the discount if you sign up for two weekend seminars and then a third at a later date.)
- First Time Discount: Please subtract $30.00 from the tuition of the relevant Adventures in Ideas seminar. (This discount cannot be combined with the teacher discounts.) This discount is only available by calling 919.962.1544.
- GAA Discount: All current members of the UNC General Alumni Association are eligible to receive a $15 discount off a Weekend Seminar, once per semester. GAA Members also receive a special discount on each individual Humanities in Action events if they pre-register. Click here to become a UNC GAA Member.
- Flyleaf Season Pass: Register for all of Humanities in Action events and receive a special discounted price. If you’re a GAA Member, you’ll receive an even bigger discount!
Registration Discounts for Teachers
- 50% tuition discount to all Adventures in Ideas and Dialogues Seminars for current K-12 and Community College Teachers
- Teachers are also eligible for a $75 travel stipend. Stipends are only available for Adventures in Ideas Seminars and can only be claimed once a semester.
- Please note: CPH’s “first time participant’s discount” may not be combined with teacher discounts. Unfortunately, funding restrictions do not allow us to offer discounts/stipends to substitute or retired teachers.
- Stipends and discounts are provided courtesy of the Daisy Edmister Teacher Support Fund.
UNC Students, Staff, & Faculty Registration Policy
- All currently enrolled UNC-CH students, faculty, and staff are welcome to attend the Humanities in Action series at Flyleaf Books free of charge. There’s no need to register ahead of just present your valid One Card at the door for admission. Please note that paying participants receive priority registration.
- UNC-CH faculty and staff are eligible for a 50% discount on the tuition for our weekend seminars. Advance registration is required, and optional meals are full price. Online registration is not available for UNC-CH faculty and staff. To register, call us at 919-962-1544. Please note that we are unable to provide discounts for retired faculty and staff.
- UNC-CH graduate and undergraduate students are invited to attend our weekend seminars free of charge, space permitting, but advance registration is required. Students may request to register beginning the Monday before the seminar by calling our main phone number, 919-962-1544, or by emailing our registrar at email@example.com. Please include the following information in your email request:
- Full legal name and any preferred nickname for name badge
- Student status: undergraduate or graduate
- Local mailing address
- Any optional meals are full price. For Adventures in Ideas Seminars, please contact us by 4pm the Thursday before the seminar and for Dialogues Seminars, please contact us by 1pm the day before the seminar.
- For all other students, please contact Max Owre at firstname.lastname@example.org for special student initiative pricing.
- If an event is cancelled, the full tuition amount will be refunded.
- Participants who need to cancel will receive a refund for tuition (minus a $30 administrative fee for each registration) for cancellations made at least one business day before a seminar. Refunds for optional meals will be made in full for cancellations made by noon, two business days prior to a seminar.
- If you have any questions, please email our registrar, Brian Entzminger, at email@example.com, or call our main line, (919) 962-1544.