Summer 2022 In-Person and Virtual Schedule
Click the series pages or event pages below for complete pricing and event information. Descriptions and session titles will be updated as new information becomes available.
**Please note that due to UNC regulations, masks are not required, but are recommended for all in-person events regardless of vaccination status. In-person and hybrid events may switch to virtual-only based upon recommendations from local, state, and national public health officials. If an in-person or hybrid event is designated “virtual-only,” the CPH staff will contact registrants and provide them with information on how to attend virtually or with options for receiving credits or refunds. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919.962.1544. We appreciate your flexibility.
Adventures in Ideas seminars
- The Making of Modern China in Four Acts: Empire, Republic, Party-State, Superpower | Saturday, May 21 (9:15 am-4:15 pm) – IN-PERSON and VIRTUAL
- Civil War, Reconstruction, and the Human Rights Legacy of Emancipation | Saturday, June 18 (9:15 am-3:45 pm) – IN-PERSON and VIRTUAL
- A Morning with Liszt | Saturday, June 4 (9:00 am-12:00 pm) – IN-PERSON and VIRTUAL
- Stoicism and Its Legacies | Saturday, June 11 (9:00 am-12:30 pm) – IN-PERSON and VIRTUAL
Summer Music Series
Schedule of programs coming soon!
- Poems by W. B. Yeats | Tuesday, May 17 (10 am-12 pm) – VIRTUAL
- The Decameron by Giovanni Boccaccio | Tuesdays, May 24 & 31 (10 am-12 pm) – IN-PERSON
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros | Tuesdays, June 7 & 14 (10 am-12 pm) – IN-PERSON
- Arturo’s Island by Elsa Morante | Tuesdays, June 21 & 28 (10 am-12 pm) – VIRTUAL
- Keeping Your Seat to Take a Stand: Sarah Keys Evans & the Fight Against Jim Crow Transportation | Thurs., May 12 (5:30 – 7 pm) | Virtual via Zoom – VIRTUAL
- The 1947 Journey of Reconciliation: A Long Road to Justice| Friday, May 20 (2 – 4 pm) | IN-PERSON (at the Hillsborough County Courthouse)
- The 2022 William Friday Teacher Retreat: “Carolina Voices: Enriching the Mind, Rejuvenating the Spirit” | June 27-29 | The Rizzo Center in Chapel Hill
- 2022 Wayne Teachers’ Retreat: Enriching the Mind and Rejuvenating the Spirit with a Journey Through the Tar Heel State | July 25-27 | The Rizzo Center in Chapel Hill
- The Gamification of War | Wednes., May 11 (5– 6 pm) | Virtual via Zoom – VIRTUAL
- War Movies and the Public | Mon., May 23 (5– 6 pm) | Virtual via Zoom – VIRTUAL
- Representing Farms in American Art: A Community Discussion | Sun., July 31 (6– 7:30 pm) | IN-PERSON (at the Spring Haven Farm) rain or shine